06 August 2010

Surfing Options: Be Inspired by the Locals

The Gold Coast has its share of  legends - both men and women who've walked on water (atop boards).

Take Sharon, who previously held Australian Fun Board and Queensland Slalom titles.  "I once was a serious and passionate wind surfer, but now I'm just a recreational speed racer. I'd like to see more women learn to wind surf."

Take Brad, a former champ who has been a surf coach since 1992.  His company, Brad Holmes Surf Coaching, incorporates something different.  "Brad led me through some basic Tai Chi warm up exercises before teaching me the art of Stand Up Paddle Boarding,"  says surfing newbie Dee.
"I don't think I'll be kite surfing anytime soon.  For now I'm content to be more relaxed while clicking my way up river."

1 comment:

Deetouring Dee said...

Even though it's winter here in QLD, its not like winter in Tassie. So surfing and paddle boarding was warm enough for this snowbird.